Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Lacking in a 'Sense of Humour' can cost you

I am standing in line at a popular video rental store waiting for my turn to pay for my rental. I have my hands in my pockets and I am fingering this Save $0.50 coupon on my next box of Froot Loops. I must have forgot to use it at my last trip to the grocery store? I turn to my wife and I ask "Do you think this girl has a sense of humour?" (I am referring to the clerk, a young teen that is going to be serving me in a few minutes). With a quick glance my wife says "Yes, I think she has a sense of humour". On that note I step up to the counter and show my rental card and the movie I want to rent. With a cheesy smile on my face I extend my arm with mechanical precision, like I was in the Seinfeld Episode: The Soup Nazi and I say "I have a coupon". The young lady takes my coupon and quicky looks it over. I am ready to have a good laugh with her. She should say "Nice try", but that doesn't happen. She picks up the bar code reader to make the coupon good. 'Beep', the computer complains. With a furrow in her brow she looks on the computer manually, looking for a matching coupon. She tries to scan it again, 'Beep', the computer complains again. She quickly types in a override code and gives me $0.50 off my rental. She never once looked up at me to witness my big cheesy smile that would have conveyed 'the jokes on you' . My wife had to leave the store ahead of me , she is laughing so hard. =)

1 Comments:

Blogger Syd Bolton said...

That is priceless. Maybe that one is your lucky coupon. It owes you nothing now, perhaps you can try it at McDonalds or something next? That's at least food. Sort of.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home